Various Events Types And Explanation
Various Platform Event Types With Explanations
Either device is static or currently getting location with the help of Network or Wi-Fi.
2. In Motion
The device is getting location with the help of GPS satellite and moving.
These messages are very important to understand as it is directly related to the activities of device holder and can impact tracking results to a very large extent.
Depending upon the alerts received and Employee tracking App results, it might be required to talk to device holder and inform him/her to avoid any such activity which can impact tracking adversely. Once the device holder will get to know that his/her activities are recorded in the platform, he/she will not try such attempts in future.
Tracking service is stopped.
- Once the device holder chooses this option, tracking of device will be completely stopped immediately.
Tracking service is not enabled.
- It means that tracking service of this device is stopped and no tracking is happening.
Tracking service started.
- It means that tracking service of this device is started.
- If GPS or Location service with high accuracy is enabled, then tracking of the device will continue to happen properly.
This device is currently facing difficulty to obtain GPS signal.
- if the device is not inside the building, the way device is carried by the device holder can be an issue, Ideally for best GPS signal device should keep away from the body, like keeping in backpack and without any metal cover.
- If the device need to keep in the pocket then it must be kept as screen facing towards the body to get the good GPS signal.
Device is going for shutdown.
- it means that the device is going for the shutdown weather the device holder is shutting down the device or device is going to shutdown by its own because of low battery or low memory.
- Once the device is shut down, no tracking will happen.
- If it is because of low battery, then low battery message must have appeared in the log earlier.
- Otherwise, if device shutdown happened because of low memory, then the device will restart on its own in few seconds.
Device started successfully.
- It means the device has started successfully after its shutdown.
- Tracking service should also be started automatically within few seconds after device restart.
- If service is not starting, it means that GPS Tracker App has been uninstalled by the device holder and no tracking will happen as a result of that.
- It is important to note that App can’t be reinstalled by the device holder unless the password is known to him/her.
For <device> Tracking service started successfully. For better results always restart the device before starting the day.
- It means that app service has started successfully and tracking should start happening.
- Sometimes because of low memory also this service gets restarted, but in this situation tracking result will not be impacted.
- If the tracking results are impacted means that the device holder might have killed/stopped the service earlier through Application Manager and now he/she starting it again.
GPS or Google Location Service with high accuracy is not enabled.
- It means that tracking will stop happening, except some situations where a device can acquire the location from Network tower or Wi-Fi.
- This message will start appearing in the log in regular interval if the GPS or Location with high accuracy is switched off for the device.
- Also at the same time a popup alert will appear in the device for reminding the device holder for switching on the GPS or Location service with high accuracy.
GPS or Google Location Service with high accuracy is switched ON.
- It means that the device holder has switched ON the GPS or Location Service with high accuracy.
- Once the GPS or Location Service with High Accuracy is switched ON the tracking will start happening.
GPS or Google Location Service with high accuracy is switched OFF.
- It means that the device holder has switched off the GPS or Location Service with high accuracy.
- Once the GPS or Location Service with high accuracy is switched off the tracking will either stop happening or it will be very limited tracking.
- If the GPS is switched off and still location tracking is happening means that device Location option is ON but not on “High Accuracy”, High Accuracy is the the only desirable option for best tracking results.
Either device is facing difficulty to obtain GPS signal or permission to get location is denied by the device.
- In some of the devices, starting Android KitKat(4.4.2) or up versions, Permission Manager is introduced(Settings -> Security -> App Permissions), check for App permission here, this app’s “Get Position” permission must not be denied by the device.
- Permission denied by the device will be considered as a malicious attempt by the device holder for not to be tracked.
- Or it might be some other security app installed in the device which is stopping to get the location by this App.
- Sometimes this message might be appearing because of GPS module of the device got hanged, in that case Switch OFF then ON the GPS should solve the problem.
- Or this message can also appear when either the device is inside the building or kept in such way by device holder, that the device is facing difficulty to obtain the GPS signal.
- Device need to keep away from the body, like in a backpack or inside phone holder without any metal cover or keep in pocket facing screen towards the body.
For this device to work GPS correctly data connection must be on and available.
- If the device is inside the building, then no action required, because GPS signal might not be available inside the building.
- If the device is under an open sky some time device need to reset its GPS with the help of the internet and, for that data connection need to be on and available.
The mobile data internet connection is not enabled.
- This is just for information that if the data connection is not enabled, live tracking of device will not be possible.
- Sometimes to work GPS correctly, data connection availability is also required.
Device time zone not set to automatic mode might result in poor or no tracking results.
- If the time zone is set to automatic giving no chance for employee to play around with time zone settings and manipulate the same.
- Wrong time zone setting with the device might result in poor or no tracking results.
Device time not set to automatic mode might result in poor or no tracking results.
- If the time is set to automatic giving no chance for employee to play around with time settings and manipulate the same.
- Wrong time setting with the device might result in poor or no tracking results.
- It means that the device holder has filled the form and submitted the information with the current location and time.
- This information will appear in the log with colon(:) separated values.
- If Geo Zone is configured, it is the arrival time for the device to enter this Geo Zone.
- If Geo Zone is configured, it is the departure time for the device to depart this Geo Zone.
an employee tracking App that has many advantages. connectmyworld helps you connect with your employees and track their work performance. The App also allows you to connect with your customers and clients. connectmyworld helps you manage your business more efficiently and connect with your employees more effectively
Popular Tags : Employee Tracking App | Data Collection App | Field Staff tracking App| Gps Tracker App | Gps Tracking App